Web Privacy Statement
Collecting and using personal information
Welcome to innovation-health.com. We appreciate your interest in us. As you navigate this site and communicate with us via this site, we may ask you to disclose certain personal information so that we can provide you with the highest quality information and services. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your personal information to us via this site, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use personal information. By “personal information,” we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, social security number, e-mail address, or telephone number.
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity so that we can be sure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential;
- Responding to inquiries or requests from you;
- Delivering web-based products and services to you, such as our health risk assessment.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications that we believe may be of interest to you, if permitted by law.
- We will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily.
- Where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us either by sending us an e-mail or, where you have established personal profiles with us, by updating your profile online. Please refer to the specific pages where data is collected for more information.
- If you are using this site to enroll in a health plan, or to access information and services related to your health plan, please refer to your “Notices of Privacy Practices” which is available to you via a link on innovation-health.com. This notice describes how Innovation Health and/or Aetna may use and disclose your personal information when administering your benefits, and explains your legal rights. If you receive benefits through a group health insurance plan, your employer will be able to tell you if your plan is insured or self-funded. If your plan is self-funded, you may want to ask for a copy of your employer’s privacy notice. You should read this notice before enrolling in a particular plan.
- Except in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, consolidation or other transaction involving all or part of our company, we will not sell, license or otherwise transfer any rights to your personal information to any third party unless expressly authorized by you.
We may transmit or disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- If required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena, regulatory oversight, or other legal process;
- To enable Innovation Health and/or Aetna contractors or vendors to perform certain services for us, including, but not limited to, website maintenance and performance improvement tasks.
- This website is not directed to and we will not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from minors under the age of thirteen (13) without their parents’ consent.
In all cases, we will disclose your personally identifiable information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Collecting and using non-personally identifiable information
You should also be aware that when you visit our website, we collect certain non-personally-identifiable and aggregate information about you. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide at this website. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to use and navigate our website, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use non-personally identifiable and aggregate information. By “non-personally-identifiable information, we mean information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with anonymous "usage data," such as the number of unique visitors we receive, what pages are visited most often and the navigation preferences and characteristics of our visitors.
- Web browser information. Web browsers collect and store information about the type of device and operating system you are using to access our website, as well as your device’s MAC address for facilitating network communications. Accessing this information helps us to establish a secure and consistent connection to you during your visits to our website.
- "Cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about you, such as your name or address.
- Tracking pixels or beacons. These techniques use electronic files to track your navigation of our website, your completion of transactions and other browsing behavior.
- IP Address: When you subscribe to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), your computing device is assigned an IP Address. We track and store this address to help us manage security and monitor usage volume and patterns.
Innovation Health does not serve third-party advertising on innovation-health.com. However, we do engage online advertising service providers to serve ads on other sites, based on web pages you may have visited or your search engine activity. See our Interest-Based Ads Policy for more information and to opt out of Interest-Based Advertisements. Currently, innovation-health.com does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
We welcome your comments or questions about our website and have provided e-mail boxes for that purpose. We will share your comments and questions with our customer service representatives and those employees most capable of addressing your questions and concerns.
Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on our sites or, in the case of our health plan members, at the Member Services toll-free number that appears on your ID card.
There are some locations on our website where we have made special provisions for a more secure environment in which we can exchange information with you. At each of these locations, we will provide you with appropriate instructions.
Linking to other sites
From time to time, our website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by Innovation Health or Aetna, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-Innovation Health or non-Aetna websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by Innovation Health or Aetna of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
We may also provide links to other websites that are controlled by an Aetna-owned company, but that operate independently of Aetna.com and/or innovation-health.com. Privacy policies applicable to those sites will appear on those sites and may differ from this innovation-health.com Web Privacy Statement.
We have adopted and adhere to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information at innovation-health.com against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that Innovation Health has developed for this site are administrative, physical and technical barriers that together protect this web site and our other internal systems from unauthorized access or use. We periodically subject our site to simulated intrusion tests and have developed comprehensive disaster recovery plans.
Changes to this statement
Innovation Health may change this statement from time to time; when updates are made, the privacy statement version date (located at the bottom of this policy) will also be updated to reflect that a revision occurred. We encourage you to periodically reread this statement to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Privacy statement update: 11/6/2015